GROWS Membership 2002-2003
Click here for membership form
Grass Roots Organization for the Well-being of Seniors
GROWS, c/o Summerville at Potomac, 11215
Seven Locks Rd.-A, Potomac, Md. 20854 301-765-3325 www.GROWSMC.ORG
Working for You and Montgomery County Seniors!
Who We Are
GROWS is the leading grass roots organization in Montgomery County, Maryland for organizations and individuals concerned about advocating and building community services for senior citizens. GROWS began as a true grass roots effort by individuals who saw gaps in senior services and wanted to take action to improve services and the quality of life of seniors in the county. Leadership, education, advocacy, and public awareness are the key tools GROWS uses to promote change. GROWS members include concerned residents, businesses, civic organizations, faith congregations, senior service providers and professionals.
GROWS incorporated as a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization in 1992.
What We Do
- Advocate to public policymakers and
others about the needs of seniors
- Educate the providers and community about
available services and the needs of at-risk seniors
- Build action coalitions to create new
services for seniors and address policy issues in aging
- Promote a more coordinated and personalized service system
How Membership Advances Your Interests
According to our members, the most significant benefit of membership is the opportunity to work with a group of like-minded, concerned individuals and agencies to improve the lives of county seniors and their caring families. The benefits of the contacts and networking have proven extremely valuable to improving members' business. GROWS has been highly effective in raising community awareness of aging and developing new senior services. All members receive many tangible benefits. GROWS Grass Roots members receive discounts on GROWS events and seminars, E-mail alerts on important issues and legislation affecting seniors, GROWS Grapevine newsletter, and an opportunity for full involvement in GROWS decision-making and advocacy initiatives.
Organizations and businesses, in particular, find the links they make with fellow professionals and agencies extremely valuable. While demonstrating their leadership in aging those that move to GROWS' Bronze, Silver or Gold Leadership levels of membership receive special opportunities to showcase their services through the web, displays at Senior Service Network meetings and other premier promotions.
How To Join/Rejoin. Now is the Time.
To join or rejoin, review the membership categories. GROWS membership year runs from September through August. Once you have selected the appropriate membership category. complete and return the application below with your payment.
GROWS Membership Categories and Benefits
Premier Leadership Members
Advocate Members -- $2,500
Organizations joining at this premier level receive all Grass Roots through Silver benefits PLUS
Individuals demonstrating their support at this level receive all Bronze and Grass Roots benefits PLUS
- Exhibit space at GROWS annual Networking
Breakfast attended by over 300 professionals
- Special recognition in GROWS Grapevine --
¾ page ad and a special thank you in all issues
- Reduced rates for an unlimited number of
employees at all GROWS functions
- Opportunity to host a Senior Service
Network meeting at a location of choice, based on criteria
- Narrative description of services on
GROWS web and hard copy member directory
- Largest recognition on GROWS Tree of Giving, website and listings.
- Four tickets to attend any production at the critically acclaimed Olney Theater in Olney, Maryland. OTC enjoys a rich tradition of over 60 years. Its main stage season offers great variety emphasizing 20th century American classics, new works, area premieres, reinterpretations of classics and musical theater.
Advocate Members -- $1,000
Organizations joining at this level receive all Grass Roots through Bronze benefits PLUS
Individuals supporting GROWS at this level receive all Grass Roots and Bronze benefits PLUS
- Exhibit space at one Senior Service
Networking meeting (attended by 125+) and podium recognition
- Special participation in the Networking
Breakfast - inclusion of a promotional item in the free resource
bag and recognition at the podium
- Prominent recognition in GROWS
newsletter, Grapevine --one-time thank you and ½ page ad
- Larger recognition on GROWS Tree of Giving, website and listings.
- Two tickets for any production at the critically acclaimed Olney Theater in Olney, Maryland.
Advocate Member -- $500
Organizations joining at this level receive all Grass Roots benefits PLUS
Individuals joining at this level receive all Grass Roots benefits PLUS
- A free one-time ¼ page ad in the GROWS
- Hotlink from GROWS' webpage to
organization's and a larger listing on GROWS webpage
- Special recognition on GROWS Tree of
Thanks and website
- Listing on the Networking Breakfast
program as Bronze member
- Certificate of Appreciation highlighting member's contribution to County seniors
- A high quality canvas carrying bag with a zipper top and numerous pockets. This handsome bag is suitable for business, travel, crafts or sports.
- - - - - - - - - -
Complete the Annual Membership form and mail to:
GROWS c/o Summerville, 11215 Seven Locks Road, Potomac, MD 20854.
301-765-3325 , GROWS@GROWSMC.ORG
GROWS is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. Your support is tax deductible.
New Membership Renewing Membership
Organizations (check category)
$50 - Organization with 1-10 staff
Non-senior individuals - - - $25
$100 - Organization with 11-50 staff
$200 - Organization with 51-100 staff
$250 - Organization with more than 100 staff
Retired/senior adults - - - $15
Special Membership :
None $500 - Bronze $1,000 - Silver $2,500 - gold
Name of Organization (if applicable):
Primary Contact Name:
City/ State/ Zipcode: