GROWS Senior Services Network
GROWS Senior Services Network meetings are held the first Thursday of each month October through June from 8:15 - 10:30 a.m. Most meetings are held at Holiday Park Multi-service Senior Center, 3950 Ferrara Drive, Wheaton, MD and are free of charge. Agendas include a continental networking breakfast followed by a topical presentation.
Learn about upcoming meetings by clicking on our Calendar of Events.
Share your suggestions for a presentation
or topic. Share your ideas for future meetings by emailing committee chairs Sister Irene Dunn (email@example.com) or Mitch Markowitz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Submit an announcement for our next meeting . If you are a GROWS member and have an upcoming event, seminar, or senior activity to share with SNN attendees follow the guidelines below. GROWS thanks Ellen Merritt at Attic to Basement Organizing for her
volunteer assistance in compiling and producing the meeting announcements.
2003-2004 Guidelines for Written Senior Service Networking Meeting Announcements
Definition of a written announcement:
- Available as a member privilege
- Announces upcoming events or personnel change/job seeker information to be included in a handout at the next Senior Service Network Meeting
- To guarantee inclusion announcements must
be received at least 10 days prior to the SSN meeting which is usually
held the first Thursday of the month October through June
- Must be less than 100 words, (or announcement will not be published)
- Need to include the following as appropriate to
- Address (mailing or event location)
- Contact phone number
- Fee if applicable
- Event details
- Contact information of person submitting announcement including name, organization, office and cell phone numbers and e-mail address.
Submit announcements to:
Ellen Merritt at Attic to Basement Organizing, email@example.com Please print "GROWS Written Announcement" in the comments box of your email.
Directions to Holiday Park are as follows:
Take 270 S to 495. Exit 22 Conn. Avenue and left onto Conn. Straight on Conn. through Kensington, past Conn. Ave/ University Blvd split. Staying on Conn. go through three lights. At the fourth light, turn left on to Viers Mill RD. Left at Ferrara Dr. (There is a sign for Holiday Park at Viers Mill/Ferrara) At the stop sign, go straight into Holiday Park. Parking is mostly behind the building.
Scenes from Networking Meeting at Brooke Grove Retirement Village